Fit Things is a weekly wrap-up of fitness gear & beauty products that we use and love, or have heard good things about and would love to have. We focus on products that help take care of our bodies before, during and after a workout.
- Nike+ iPod Sports Kit. I love being able to track my miles and being able to see them in a graphical form. Plus it integrates sticks right into my iPod, eliminating the need for an extra gadget. You do need to have an iPod (rumors say that it will work with any mp3 player at some point) and iTunes loaded on your computer, but you don't need the Nike+ running shoes because it works just as well to put it in a pouch attached to any brand sneakers (You can use a ShoeWallet mentioned in this Fit Things We Love). Get it for $37.95 at Amazon.com
- DailyMile.com. Great way to track any workout activity - plus you can share it on Twitter and other social media sites.
- DailyBurn.com. Dailyburn (formerly known as Gyminee) is a fitness social network for tracking, online accountability, and motivation. It allows you to find workout programs, track progress, get tips on food and nutrition, and set goals.
- iPod. After resisting joining the revolution, I finally succumbed and got one - and I love it. I love being able to see the title of what's playing as well as easily upload & scroll through workout playlists. Check it out on Amazon.com. Not a fan of the iPod - here are 7 Gym ready mp3 players that cost less than $100.
- MGTEK dopsip. This program lets me sync my iPod with Windows Media Player, which I use instead of iTunes. I bought it more than 1 year ago and it's fantastic! Price: $19.95.
- Water Bottle. Check! Have to stay hydrated while working out, and a water bottle that's BPA free, like Sigg, Kleen Kanteen, or the new BPA free Camelbak or any water bottles made of polycarbonate (#7 on the bottom).